1 Xoai Tuong
1 medium carrot
1/4 lb of shrimp
1/4 lb of pork belly meat
Vietnamese coriander (rau ram)
1 cup of sugar
1 fresh chili
1-2 teaspoon of chilli paste
1. Julienned the carrot.
2. Cut the mango into smaller pieces. I cut the mango into different portion and discard the pit. I then use a vegetable peeler and shave it into flat pieces. You can probably cut it differently but keep in mind that it has a very hard texture so you want to cut into small pieces so it's easier to work and eat with.
3. Boil the pork belly in salted water until fully cook. Then slice it into 1/2 -1 inche strips.
4. Cook the shrimp. I just put the shrimp in the microwave for a couple minutes
5. Rough chop 1 cup of vietnamese coriander.
6. Slice the chili into smaller pieces.
How To Make The Salad:
1. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to the mango strips and carrots, mix really well. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, this way the mango can absorb the sugar so it becomes sweeter.
2. Add fish sauce, 1/2 a lime, fresh chillies, and 1 teaspoon of chili paste. Toss everything together. Add more fish sauce and lime to your liking.
3. Once you are satisfy with the taste add the pork and shrimp, continue to toss.
4. Add Vietnamese coriander right before serving.